Sunday, April 19, 2009

Now for a Bit of Fun


Meet Puff-n-Stuff (remember the old kids TV show)?

I have a major affinity for dragons - and it shows in my pottery.

Anyway - Puff is a little Teapot that I've been working on - and he was a real challenge in many ways:

-How to position the spout and body?
-What to do about hands and feet?
-Where to put the wings - for that matter - how
to do wings?



Our local guild is having a "fun" teapot
show/contest in a few weeks, and I've been
busy working on this fella for a few weeks now.


I have to say - he has been a learning process,
as he is mostly handbuilt - and I am not a
hand builder.

But I think that is a big part of this whole competition - is to learn from our experiences.


If I had to do it over again - there are several
little changes I would make to him.


But for Now - I am pleased. All that is left to
do is put gold lustre on his horns and wings.


I think he should be a fun addition to the contest.

I'd love to hear what you think?

1 comment:

  1. Love him!!!!!!! He's amazing -can I get my name on the list for one LOL.
    HUGS
    Kim

    ReplyDelete